Association activities for the year 2017-18
With the available resources we were able to conduct 5 programmes this year.
1. Extension Programme at St.Paul’s L.P. School, Kamartha organised by the students.
2. Inter Departmental Quiz Competition organised by the students.
3. Employability Enhancement Program by Team Manager from UST Global
4. Placement Training by CEO of Infiniz IT Solutions
5. Departmental Inauguration by a renowned Scientist from DRDO.
Action plan based area wise reporting of activities done
¬ The career orientation department was upgraded to a sub-centre of State Resource Centre, Government of Kerala.
¬ One faculty member was appointed as Board of Studies member at Mahatma Gandhi University.
¬ 3 faculty members acted as university level coordinators for syllabus restructuring and question bank preparation.
¬ Subject Allocation was finalised in the first departmental meeting and guest lecturer vacancies were reported.
¬ Master time table was prepared.
¬ Tutorships and tutorial cordinatorships were assigned.
¬ Result analysis for internal and university examinations were followed by tutor counselling and remedial classes.
¬ Lab manual for 1st, 2nd and 3rd semesters based on the 2017 syllabus was prepared.
¬ Apple &iOS related courses were introduced in the department.
II. STUDENT SUPPORT AND PLACEMENT
¬ Employability Enhancement Program session by NIPUN VARMA, TEAM MANAGER UST GLOBAL was organised for the final year students.
¬ Interview handling and group discussion session by VARUN P NAIR, C.E.O. INFINITE IT SOLUTIONS was also conducted for the final year students.
¬ Motivational talk and technical by SOORAJ K AMBAT, SCIENTIST, DRDO was organised as a part of departmental association inauguration.
III. SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND EXTENSION
¬ Computer awareness session was conducted at St.Paul’s L.P. School, Kamartha as a part of the social outreach programme.
¬ Inter-Departmental Quiz Program was organised.
¬ Active participation of students in annual sports events.
IV. RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
¬ Two faculty members are in the final stage of research.
¬ 4 papers were added to the credit of our faculty members which include one best paper award as well.
V. SKILL DEVELOPMENT(New area added to the list)
¬ Computer awareness programmes for the staff members of our college was merged with the career orientation department. The teaching and non teaching members joined the DCA programme
conducted by the department, together with the regular students and general public.
Association activities for the year 2015-16
- Department Magazine “SlatumPencilum” released as part of the Crystal Jubilee Celebrations of the department in association with Kerala State Youth welfare Board. The magazine was released by Sri. P S Prasanth , Youth Welfare Board Vice Chairman.
Association activities for the year 2014-15
- Hands on training for teachers.
Hands on training for teachers in SSV College Irapuram is a short term course for our teachers intend to equip them to handle different software, smart board handling and different packages.
- Clean campus programme and tree challenge.
Clean campus programme was a half-day programme and is aimed to clean our campus and surroundings.
- “Digital Image Processing” byChrist Elias from Dublin
University for BSc Computer Science students.
Association activity for the year 2012-13
- Internet awareness progamme to students :Internet awareness programme for students in our college. The programme aimed to help students to handle internet and its opportunities from other than computer department.
Association activity for the year 2011-12
- Computer awareness programme to nearby unemployed ladies: It’s a programme to give awareness and role of computers in our day to day life for un-employed ladies nearby our college.
Association activity for the year 2010-11
- Hands on training for office staff and teachers: Three day training for office staffs and teachers to handle office packages efficiently .
- 2010, AshaAnand won the II rank in MG University degree examination.
- Some of our students placed in different blue chip IT firms.
- Our students participated All Kerala short film contest and won First prize for the short film “Grahanam”.
- II year student RenjithReghunath got M G University championship for Judo competition.